That's a Wrap

Thursday, January 3, 2013




I will spare the proverbial New Years post and just give you a low down of what I've been up to since my last post on Christmas Eve. Following that {brief} update I will then inform you of what is currently occupying my time. That is; currently....now that vacation is over. Starting today. 
{please excuse the tiny size of this image, I cannot figure out why photoshop wont let me resize it!}


Allow me to explain the "happening" portion of this little update. 
1.Juicing: I juice, it's what I do. I love it and I got a new juicer so that's that.

2. French Learning: it's something I've always wanted to do and while I'm still learning spanish I thought I'd give my brain a little challenge. Any French speakers out there?

3. Fitness Monitoring: I bought myself this new polar heart rate monitor for an early birthday present. I used to use one all the time until it ran out of battery and the chest strap broke. So here at the start of a new year I've decided to get one that is really going to keep track of my performance. We're taking things to a new level, folks. {like, annoying level. Just wait...}

4. A** Kicking: A few years ago I signed up for some weekly Muay Thai classes at a local gym. The main purpose was to get out some pent-up aggression. The problem was the chain smoking. It left me a little...winded. Seriously though, I was slightly overweight and a heavy smoker with horrible eating habits. So thai boxing didn't last very long. However, I am in a much better place physically and mentally and would love to take up the hobby, if not for a few months to really get myself in shape. It's also possible there is still some of the pent-up aggression looming around.

5.Resting: I honestly believe no one does enough of this!! I know I don't. And it can make all the difference in the world. So I'm working on it. Sounds weird, to say that I'm 'trying to rest'. But I am!

6. No matter what hobby I'm in or race I'm training for, Bikram will always remain part of my wellness routine. It's just too good to stop.

So there you have it. I'm one of those annoying people who fills their time with ridiculous things and says "omg I'm so sore from yesterday's workout", or pipes in a conversation with "well, today in my kick boxing class..." - You know the people I'm talking about. Yeah, I'm one of 'em.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Aspen Rain All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger