Let the Beet Drop

Friday, May 4, 2012

There are so many pons I could use for this post it's not even funny. Except, they are all funny. I will spare you, though, since it is Friday and it's likely no one will even read this post. If you are reading it - Thank you! I'm so excited to share with you...My love for beets! They are so beautiful I can't even stand it. Have you ever looked at their color when they're cut open? Or seen the result of beets juiced? It's fantastic I tell you I want to paint with it. Or wear it on my lips.
Here, my friends, is a recipe for Beet Chocolate Cake and a Beet Juice mix.


I found this recipe for the beet chocolate cake on a wonderful website called "Green Kitchen Stories". I had bought beets in hopes of cooking a roasted beet soup...until I actually read how I would do that and decided against it. So I was stuck with beets! Hence the plethora of beet recipe knowledge. 

The juice is:
1 beet peeled (obv!)
3 carrots
1 orange
1in peeled ginger
1/3 cup pomegranate juice (organic)

So. Yum.

Now beet it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Aspen Rain All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger